Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend


Carma, Amanda, and I did the Box Canyon float for our fun outing this weekend. It only takes about an hour. We actually took pictures of ourselves, to prove that we were on the float...not that it really proves anything!

After taking the first few pictures, I let Carma have my old Kodak point and shoot (only 2 megapixels) and she took the rest of the pictures. I didn't know if the river would be worse since it is earlier in the year than the last time I did this float with the Island Park Single Adults. We could have taken our cameras and shot some better pictures, but better safe than sorry. We saw an osprey, a bald eagle, a heron, a king fisher, and plenty of ducks. We hit the water at about 10 a.m., and it was a perfect time. We did get stuck on a few rocks, but that gave us our laugh quota for the day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment