Saturday, October 27, 2012

Letterboxing With Amanda

View from the missing letterbox.
Amanda and I were supposed to go to Disneyland with Becca, Mike and the Goof last October. We both decided that we couldn't afford it, so Amanda came over to my house instead, and we spent some time together letterboxing. I've mostly found all the letterboxes in this area, so I just re-went to them with Amanda. We tried to pick up a new one near Jackson, Wyoming, but it had already disappeared.
Deer we saw at another letterbox near Jackson, Wyoming.

On our way back to Boise, we stopped to get a mystery letterbox. This was a fun one that I had tried on my own once, but didn't have a bright enough flashlight. This time I went prepared with my headlamp and a spare flashlight. I'll let you guess where this letterbox is, as I don't want to spoil the mystery for anyone else.  

The following are pictures from this fun find! 

The trail back to the car, looking like a liquid river in the twilight.

Here's a clue!

Do you think it is cold in here? Brrrr...

 I took a picture of Amanda, and she took a picture of me before we left the area where the letterbox was hidden. It is snowing outside as I write this, and I'm getting chilled just thinking about being back there.  :)
 When I looked closely at one of the pictures, I noticed that you can tell exactly where we were. At least I didn't post the name of the letterbox that we found there!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment