Saturday, August 1, 2009








This guy looks like he had a bad hair day. What a cutie! I took this on the float with Becca, Mike, Sienna, and Kathey. They had never done the float from the Big Springs boat launch on the Henry's Fork of the Snake down to Macks Inn. It was a beautiful day. I have never seen so many king fishers and herons as we saw today. Plus, this is only the second time I've actually seen a black crowned heron. Becca said she and Mike looked like lobsters when they got home, but honestly, Becca, you only looked barely pink when we climbed out of the boat! It was a nice float although we missed seeing a momma moose and her calf by just minutes. Some people in a canoe told us to watch for her, but she had faded back into the willows.

Blew is missing her playmates (Mike and Sienna).

I didn't get a picture of Kathey because she was sitting right in front of me. I didn't get a picture of the bald eagle we saw, either. Mike took the one of Sienna and I, and Becca cropped it to make it more pleasing to the eye.

Blew and I saw a bull moose on our walk this morning. Dion (my neighbor) just got back with some of her relatives from an evening walk and said he was over in the boneyards this evening. I wonder if Blew and I will see him tomorrow. Maybe I should take my camera...not...I couldn't hold on to Blew and try to take a picture of a moose at the same time. : )

2 comments:

  1. Love the little guy with the pokey hairs! :) The birds here aren't as interesting, except for the Quail that I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only cropped it to take out about an inch of sky! You make it sound like I had to make it more appealling in a different way! GEEZ! He didn't do that bad a job....Just kidding! We had a blast! Thanks for letting us stay there!

    ReplyDelete